Welcome To My World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all fans of The Forbidden Game trilogy.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Can Julian exist in Jenny's dreams?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenny

Jenny

Can Julian exist in Jenny's dreams? Empty
PostSubject: Can Julian exist in Jenny's dreams?   Can Julian exist in Jenny's dreams? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 10:39 am

There is something that I couldn't understand: At the end as Julian "died" Crying or Very sad he said something like "nothing is death as long as it is not forgotten." and that he will live another dream. Jenny said, she will dream of him in a place without shadows..
So he can exist in her dreams even if he's "death"? o.O

(As it was in the German book, I don't know whether it is in the english Book even so.)
Back to top Go down
http://tagebucheinesvampirs.jimdo.com/
The Lurker
Admin
The Lurker

PostSubject: Re: Can Julian exist in Jenny's dreams?   Can Julian exist in Jenny's dreams? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 12:35 pm

That's a really good question, Jenny. I was thinking the exact same thing when I read it. I think he probably could. But, then again, perhaps he couldn't.

I think, to get a reasonable answer, you'd really have to delve into the philosophical realm of life after death. If you believe people can exist in a form of afterlife, then yes, I suppose if Julian wanted to remain with Jenny after he died then he would indeed exist in her dreams. If you don't, then...it would be the opposite. Though, if you believe in an afterlife you also would have to ask yourself: does Julian, or any of the shadow men, have souls? In most religious context you can only move on to a better place if you have led a good life and your soul is clean. The shadow men are supposed to be destructive and murderous, and Julian wasn't such an angel until the very, very, very end. So how pure/clean are their souls, if they do indeed have them? As you see, it'll get really confusing the more layers you go into.

Sorry if I'm going off topic, this is just the way I've thought this through over and over and over again. But if you want just a plain answer, then: yes, I do believe Julian "existed" in Jenny's dreams, even if it was only her imagination making him seem real.
Back to top Go down
http://undercovers.proboards.com/index.cgi?
Jenny

Jenny

PostSubject: Re: Can Julian exist in Jenny's dreams?   Can Julian exist in Jenny's dreams? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 10:45 am

I think that Julian can exist in Jenny's dreams, because he sad that and L. J. Smith wouldn't write that if it's not true!
So mabye of the first pages of the sequel we will see Julian in her dreams! hopefuly!! Surprised
Back to top Go down
Julian
Admin
Julian

PostSubject: Re: Can Julian exist in Jenny's dreams?   Can Julian exist in Jenny's dreams? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:40 pm

Well, considering Jenny compared Julian to the sandman who brings nightmares, and that Julian himself appeared to Jenny in dreams in The Chase, I think it's safe to say that he's still alive in some dreamworld of sorts.

I'm just going on the theory that Julian was created, not born, and that which isn't born can't die. He said he'd simply stop existing if he was cut from the stave of life, BUT because he told Jenny that nothing dies as long as it's not forgotten, I'm sure he's preserved himself in some manner. And since we know Jenny is going to have moments when she'd be 'aaaah, damn, what was WRONG with me?', I'd say Julian's existence depends on how long Jenny holds onto his memory. Which should be a long time, since she took his ring and wore it at the end of The Kill.

All that, and going on what I know of genies, they can squeeze themselves into the most insane objects from a grain of sand to a computer, so it's not unlikely that when he 'died' he actually went into the ring Jenny took. And, then, of course, let's not forget that Julian is a trickster. He LOVED tricking Jenny, and if his elders were malicious enough to play around with him, why wouldn't he be cunning enough to trick THEM when they cut his name out? Right? AND, we know Julian doesn't give up. I mean, three games later - maybe he figured a change of strategy would work to his advantage. I didn't buy into the whole 'I'm shattered, you chose him, I'm gonna go sulk away now' gig. It's so...OOC. Don't you think? I mean he's stalked her for nearly all her life, waiting for the right time to claim her. He wouldn't actually give up his goal of winning her over just because she's playing hard to get. Which is what I recon he saw her 'resistance' as. And since Jenny took the ring, I think Julian's already made a small victory.

Still. Can't WAIT for the sequel Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://theforbiddengame.forumotion.com
Jenny

Jenny

PostSubject: Re: Can Julian exist in Jenny's dreams?   Can Julian exist in Jenny's dreams? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:23 am

Wow, that's a good idea! I haven't tought about this possibility. I really hope you're right and Julian isn't giving up because I love his tenacity. I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can Julian exist in Jenny's dreams?   Can Julian exist in Jenny's dreams? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can Julian exist in Jenny's dreams?
Page 1 of 1