Welcome To My World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all fans of The Forbidden Game trilogy.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A possible sequel to the trilogy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Julian
Admin
Julian

A possible sequel to the trilogy Empty
PostSubject: A possible sequel to the trilogy   A possible sequel to the trilogy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 3:38 pm

According to mention on L.J. Smith's official website, due to popular demand a sequel may be considered.
I might have gotten the wrong impression and it might only be a very old news blurb from way back before
The Hunter was churned into a trilogy.
Though, what more can this mean:
Quote :
Jenny has never had to fight before. But when it comes to
protecting her friends, she discovers hidden depths inside herself. Still—
can she stand up to Julian and his hypnotic, deadly Games? Find out in
The Forbidden Game, which, due to public interest, may give birth to a
sequel.

I will be in touch with Ms. Smith in regards to this.

In the meanwhile, feel free to voice your opinions.

Last edited by Julian on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://theforbiddengame.forumotion.com
The Lurker
Admin
The Lurker

PostSubject: Re: A possible sequel to the trilogy   A possible sequel to the trilogy I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 7:26 pm

Well, I was looking on her site and under the newest pic of Jenny she posted, it says she'd like to do a sequel for 'adults'...whatever that may mean. :/ Though...before last night I hadn't checked her site in six months or so, so...yeah. *shrugs* And...I am contributing nothing to this. Sorry. ^^;

Can I be in it?

...No. -_-

DX *mutters*
Back to top Go down
http://undercovers.proboards.com/index.cgi?
Jenny

Jenny

PostSubject: Re: A possible sequel to the trilogy   A possible sequel to the trilogy I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:28 am

A fourth Book? Really? Shocked

Do you already know something new? Will there be a fourth book? *crossing fingers*

I hope so, because I hate the ending! Mad I think Julian should come back and starts a new game!
Back to top Go down
http://tagebucheinesvampirs.jimdo.com/
Summer Parker-Pearson

Summer Parker-Pearson

PostSubject: Re: A possible sequel to the trilogy   A possible sequel to the trilogy I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 2:19 pm

OMG A fourth book would be WONDERFUL! I mean the last sentence of the third book was a bit "I've-come-to-the-end-and-I-can't-be-bothered-anymore." It was SUCH a disappointment! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let it continue!!! *Crosses fingers and prays*
Back to top Go down
The Lurker
Admin
The Lurker

PostSubject: Re: A possible sequel to the trilogy   A possible sequel to the trilogy I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 3:16 pm

Okay, I checked the wiki and Ms. Smith's site and there's no new info. However, this is what it says under the new pic of Jenny:

Quote :
Jenny without Julian? Or Jenny sans Tom? How does The Forbidden Game end? In any case, Jenny can now wear her hair any way she likes. But even that doesn’t seem to be enough to keep a wistful look out of her eyes. This is one book that I’m seriously considering for a sequel once I’ve finished my Vampire Diaries and Strange Fate contracts.

She's teasing us quite a bit, me thinks. Though, since she's taking forever with both TVD and SF, I wouldn't get my hopes up for a new TFG book any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Julian
Admin
Julian

PostSubject: Re: A possible sequel to the trilogy   A possible sequel to the trilogy I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:47 pm

And this is why I love L.J Smith sooooo soooo much! She gives a darn about her readers. Any decent writer wouldn't leave little hints and tease a fandom with a possible sequel if they weren't going to have a sequel materialise.

I lurv that woman.

Nice find Lurker, rep for you Smile

Last edited by Julian on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Lurker
Admin
The Lurker

PostSubject: Re: A possible sequel to the trilogy   A possible sequel to the trilogy I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:32 pm

Hehe. Yeah, I agree. She says she'll do a sequel and she'll do it...even if it takes a while. Smile

Thank you. ^^ Rep? For me? Shocked *faints*
Back to top Go down
Julian
Admin
Julian

PostSubject: Re: A possible sequel to the trilogy   A possible sequel to the trilogy I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:42 pm

No more hints and teasing!
Ms.Smith has confirmed in her latest blog entry that TFG will be continued.

Quote :
Will there be a sequel to ________? The sequels I have started right now are to The Secret Circle and The Forbidden Game. You will see a teaser for The Forbidden Game sequel as I plan on having a Forbidden Game contest quite soon.

This coupled with Strange Fate and Stefan's Diaries which she is working on at the moment, I think we're in for another year or two of waiting. But hey, 3-10 years ago we Julian fans never would have fathomed that a sequel will be reborn from our heartbroken tears. 'Twas but a dream that every fangirl doted on and splurted fanfictions about. Now we can dream some more just to pass the time until the dream is realised.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers

Last edited by Julian on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Lurker
Admin
The Lurker

PostSubject: Re: A possible sequel to the trilogy   A possible sequel to the trilogy I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:58 pm

YAY! =D Though this is really gonna screw up my whole plot for Fear Itself and make it into more of an AU than it already is. /== *smacked* I hope it's worth the wait, ya know? *gives Julian rep*

Off topic: Oh, god...a sequel to Secret Circle? Must. Not. Head. Wall. Too late. *headwalls* Sorry...I hate Diana...and most of the circle. >_> *shifty eyes*
Back to top Go down
Julian
Admin
Julian

PostSubject: Re: A possible sequel to the trilogy   A possible sequel to the trilogy I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 9:58 pm

^Aye! I only liked Adam because of the way she first described him on the beach. That's all I liked about any of the characters, really. I hate that Nick is going to be in the sequel - he was cool as the bad-boy distant add-on character. I don't want him to turn into another Damon/Ash etc.

Last edited by Julian on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Lurker
Admin
The Lurker

PostSubject: Re: A possible sequel to the trilogy   A possible sequel to the trilogy I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 8:05 am

^ Ditto. I like Nick...but...I agree. He'll probably end up just like them. *shrugs sadly* I just don't see what more she can do with SC and not go overboard. Do you happen to know if Black John will be back? *curious**hopes she's not spoilering anyone*
Back to top Go down
Julian
Admin
Julian

PostSubject: Re: A possible sequel to the trilogy   A possible sequel to the trilogy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:27 pm

If you are I don't think they'll know who Black John is if they haven't read SC.
I don't know, I think she said she might bring him back. But I don't know if I read that on her website or whether it's just wishful thinking...nah, I probably read it. He comes back to take revenge on the peeps living on that street.

See that? I forgot the name of their street. The whatsaname clan. LOL.

Last edited by Julian on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Autumn

Autumn

PostSubject: Re: A possible sequel to the trilogy   A possible sequel to the trilogy I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:55 am

This is taken from the Guestbook of Horrors (from L J Smith's official website) as we call it on another forum:

Also, I hope you will be happy to know that I am planning a sequel to The Forbidden Game, starting when Jenny is eighteen and about to marry Tom. Guess who comes back!

And then:

The basic idea is that Julian has his name carved once more on the Staff of Life by a mysterious girl, and he immediately heads for the house of his true love, Jenny--who is due to marry Tom within the week. But Julian pulls off his most magical feat of all, stashing Tom in a world of Primal Ice and brainwashing all of Jenny's friends and family to believe that he--not Tom--is her boyfriend from third grade. There are pictures everywhere showing them together at dances and picnics and even Dee believes that Julian has grown up with them all. Moreover, Julian wants to play Games with Jenny all the time, sometimes to protect herself, sometimes to free a friend's mind of the brainwashing. It's all new games and more mature situations, but it's not an R-rated book. As for when it will come out--well, Strange Fate comes first. When that is finished maybe I'll take a poll. But thank you for your interest in Julian. I'm sure he'd like to play a Game with you.

I really hope this doesn't happen!
Back to top Go down
http://autumndagaz.deviantart.com/
Julian
Admin
Julian

PostSubject: Re: A possible sequel to the trilogy   A possible sequel to the trilogy I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:28 pm

OMG Shocked
That sounds like one of my fanfictions. And that is NOT a good thing!
C'mon, Ms. Smith! You can do waayyyyyyyyy better than that!
Seriously, someone ought to suggest she finds a different way of bringing Julian back. No
Back to top Go down
Autumn

Autumn

PostSubject: Re: A possible sequel to the trilogy   A possible sequel to the trilogy I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 4:50 pm

Tell me about it! I just don’t like the whole Jenny marrying Tom at 18 thing… I mean, nothing against it, it’s just at the end of the books Jenny seemed to have become much more independent. I thought she would have gone travelling; discover more about herself and what she wanted to do rather than marry Tom within two years. It seem pretty set that Jenny and Tom were a solid couple at the end(though I won’t be surprise if people argue with me over this!) and I would have assumed they would have married at some point but not before she discovered the other side of life that Julian had shown her. It somehow seems disrespectful to the memory of Julian. Though I guess that doesn’t matter since according to this, Julian comes back and messes things up again.
Back to top Go down
http://autumndagaz.deviantart.com/
The Lurker
Admin
The Lurker

PostSubject: Re: A possible sequel to the trilogy   A possible sequel to the trilogy I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 6:39 pm

I agree with both of you. >_< The getting married at 18 makes me wanna gag...probably because I'm 18 and I know my mum would be POed if I got married at this age (which would be wierd cuz of my lack of BF but I digress), but anywho. It does kinda sound like a half plotted idea. >_< Maybe she'll change her mind? *fingers crossed**agrees with Julian about it sounding like one of her fics in a bad way* Which is saying something since I like your fics.... >_>

And AH HA! SF will come out first. And when will SF be coming out, Ms. Smith? *sighs*
Back to top Go down
Julian
Admin
Julian

PostSubject: Re: A possible sequel to the trilogy   A possible sequel to the trilogy I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 4:13 pm

You would think that the word 'marriage' won't crop up between them for a looooong time, considering the idea of being betrothed to someone will recall memories of Julian for both of them. Plus, who gets married at 18, unless they're pathetically desperate and insecure, or pregnant? I doubt Jenny is any of that. I don't want her coming back and being wishy-washy on Tom - they're beyond that by now.

AND, getting married at such a young age, even to your school-career sweetheart, smacks too much of Twilight to my liking. The last thing Jenny had been wondering about at the end of the book was what she was going to do with her future, as it was stated, she couldn't just follow Tom wherever he might go to college. She had her own life to live, too. It doesn't make sense why she would want to marry Tom if her mindset was off the whole 'we'll-be-together-forever-and-ever'. I mean, what, are we reverting to the old Jenny right at the beginning of the trilogy now?

I have to admit I do like the idea of Julian brainwashing everyone into thinking he's Jenny's boyfriend. But even there - BLOOPER. LJS said that Jenny is about 'to' marry Tom. Julian locks Tom away somewhere, but now suddenly he's only pretending to be her boyfriend? Wow, way to downgrade yourself, Julian. Step it up and make him pretend to be her fiancé (which he should by all rights be, anyway, since he DID say the oath is irrevocable - unless that means something else in his dictionary - and it wasn't the usual 'until death do us part' oath either!!!)

But what I need to know above all else is what the hell is the plot, exactly? Julian comes back - hurrah, yeah, okay, happy fangirl right here - but he plays games with Jenny to un-brainwash her friends? What is the point in that? Letting Jenny win, again? Where is that going to leave him at the end of it? Is she going to lock him in a cupboard again? Or destroy his ring a la Lord of the Rings style and so be the end of Julian?

I just hope that she keeps Jenny in-character. As much as I hate on Jenny, she is one of the few human female protagonists with some serious backbone and a clear head that LJS has ever written. I liked the person Jenny had become at the end of the trilogy! At least she wasn't as hung up over Tom at the end anymore.

I'm also hoping that if she brings the other characters back, that it won't be with Michael and Audrey being married, or Zach and Summer dating, or Dee having become a martial arts trainer or anything that's already been done in ff before.

Most of all, I hope she keeps Julian IC. Else I'll cry myself to death.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A possible sequel to the trilogy   A possible sequel to the trilogy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A possible sequel to the trilogy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome To My World :: Invoke Uruz :: News and Updates-
Jump to: